If you have any questions, please contact us at (617) 469-7827 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1-Take Your Photo
The above photos represent acceptable photos. If you prefer, you can have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments offering passport photo services. Many of them can provide you with a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines that we will review when considering accepting your photo. We reserve the right to refuse any photo that does not meet the guidelines:
- Background is required to be plain white or off-white; smooth backdrop; no texture
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to the collarbone
- Face forward, eyes open and looking at the camera
- Have a natural expression and smiling is encouraged
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of subject
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject, no glare on glasses; no sunglasses
- Include headpieces only if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Do not wear hats, headbands, etc. or anything on head obscuring the face
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Photo size: Minimum size width 280 pixels by height 296 pixels and no larger than 6 MB
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months and must be in likeness of your current appearance, no filters altering facial features
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo, please click on the box presented here:
- When finished, click on the box that reads “PROCEED TO STEP 2 – Upload Your Photo” located on the site.
STEP 2 -Upload Your Photo
This page displays your account information used by The University Self-Photo Upload System:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3 – Edit Your Photo” button to upload your photo to the system.
STEP 3- Edit Your Photo
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4 – Preview Your Photo. You can also remove the file and start over.
- Click on the button that reads “CONTINUE TO STEP 4 – Preview Your Photo” located on the site.
STEP 4- Preview Your Photo
Step 4 – Preview Your Photo will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with The University Self-Photo Upload System shown with your uploaded photo.
- Click on the “radio” button to answer the following question:
Does your photo look like the given example?
- If you selected “yes”, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool:
By submitting a photo, you certify that you have read the Photo Distribution Policy in full and agree to it, that you agree to the terms within, and that you give the Harvard University Campus Service Center permission to produce your Student Card.
- Click on the box that reads “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to The University Self-Photo Upload System.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will be sent displaying your Pending status as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the University Self-Photo Upload System.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
You will be provided an email when your status is updated. You can check your photo status using the Check Status link form the main navigation menu.