Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a charge for the MyPhoto Card?

Any 'first time' student is not charged for their initial card.

How long will it take once I upload my photo?

First time students will receive their card during their school orientation. Please check with your Registar regarding the dates and times of your orientation. Replacement cards, however, must be picked up at the Campus Service Center located in the Smith Campus Center.

What is the largest file size I can upload?


What photo file types do you accept?

Only JPEG (.jpg) or HEIC (.heic) format is accepted.

What happens if the photo I supply does not meet the requirements specified by MyPhoto Card?

The production of your card could be delayed and it may not be ready for you upon your arrival to campus. You will receive an email indicating the reason why the photo is not acceptable and will have to either re-upload another picture or visit the Campus Service Center to have your photo taken.

How do I get a replacement card?

If you lose your card, immediately logon to the Harvard ID WebManager and mark your card as lost. You can also contact HUPD to have them mark your card as lost. A replacement card can be made at the Campus Service Center for a fee made payable by cash, check, or on your Student Account.

I have a question not listed here, Who can I email?

First visit the Campus Service Center website for a complete overview of Student Card capabilities. If you still have unanswered questions please email